16th Street Co-Op
ALine was recently awarded a project to redesign the lobby/first floor, breezeway, hallways, elevator cabs, basement, and basement corridor at a cooperative building in the Flatiron district. We were awarded this fabulous project after competing in an interior design contest arranged by the Board. The Board asked for a creative and efficient use of their existing spaces. There was quite a bit of underutilized space in the lobby sitting area, management office, and conference room, which we transformed into a multipurpose lounge. We redesigned the space to include:
- A custom-designed water vapor fireplace to be the centerpiece of the space. This transparent fireplace is embedded within a gorgeous, gray book-matched stone partition.
- Modular furnishings that can be easily moved and adapted for any event.
- Window seats built into the existing architecture allow for more flexibility in the space.
- A wood-like porcelain tile flooring to provide durability in a high-traffic area while also adding warmth to the space.
- Three different sources of lighting including lighting coves, dainty sconces made by Arteriors, and decorative lighting within the bookshelf/sculptural dividing wall.
- Asymmetrical floor pattern that guides guests between the two buildings while being visually pleasing.
- Hanging LED wire chandelier to provide the feel and look of an art installation.
- Floor-to-ceiling glass walls to replace the existing curtain adding a more open and airier feel.
- New concierge desk designed to be both stylish and functional, relocated to utilize the space more efficiently.
- Package storage room, reconfigured to maximize storage potential.
- New wall finishes throughout including wood, vinyl wall covering and stone.
- Overhead and ambient lighting.
- Furniture that compliments the new design and creates a welcoming, at-home feeling
- Innovative paint scheme.
- Modern USPS approved mailboxes with a stone counter that is both attractive and durable.
- New built-in cabinetry below mailboxes to conceal recycling and trash receptacles.
- New decorative lighting above the mailboxes.
- Plush, custom-designed Axminster carpet for a warm, at-home feeling.
- Vinyl wallcovering to add texture and lasting beauty.
- Contrasting paint shades for the doors and trim to bring a burst of color that coordinates to the new scheme.
- Brushed nickel ceiling fixtures with coordinating sconces to unify lighting color and create a brighter and more energy efficient lighting scheme.
- Modern crown molding profile for an upscale finishing touch.
- New door chimes and engraved door viewers to create a clean, consistent modern look
- New signage to coordinate with the new scheme and finishes.
- Cleaned and repaired door saddles.
The Elevator Cabs:
- More energy-efficient lighting.
- More durable flooring.
- Contemporary wall finishes that coordinate to the new lobby and corridor schemes, bringing durable beauty to every corner.
- Unified metal finishes.
Basement Space Repurposing: We created an amenity gym, well-lit with modern workout equipment and finishes that coordinate with the lobby and corridors for consistency throughout the entire building. When your condo or co-op is considering a lobby and corridor redesign, contact ALine Studio. We are specialists in designing timeless and beautiful public spaces including lobbies, hallways, fitness centers, rooftop decks, lounges, amenity spaces, and meeting rooms.