535 West End Avenue, New York, NY
This incredible project is a luxury amenity space at the prestigious white glove 535 West End Avenue. Units are either half or full floor residences ranging from 3,700 to 8,400 square feet. The residents enjoy abundant amenities including an indoor swimming pool, fitness center, spa, game room, and an outdoor courtyard. We have created a new high-end entertainment space in what was previously a studio apartment off the lobby. This is an upscale, adult-only lounge where owners can host parties and events. The new space is an open-concept, multi-purpose room with a conference area, comfortable sitting area, cocktail tables, bar, and powder room.
The conference area:
- A faux fireplace of beautiful bookmatched marble is reminiscent of petrified wood.
- The stone is flanked on either side by built-in bookcases, custom designed with asymmetrical, yet visually balanced shelving.
- Tufted window seats are tucked into deep window sills that make up the elegantly curved facade of the building.
- Made-to-order 8’ wood slab live-edge walnut table perched atop solid brass wishbone shaped legs.
- With Sputnik-like chandeliers, the glowing coved ceilings are adorned with brass illuminated champagne leafing.
- The floor is honed Blue Cielo marble with a black marble double border inlay. The border follows the curve of the window wall and allows for the eye to flow around the space and adds a tailored touch.
The sitting area:
- Defined by a grey and white marbled cowhide rug from Argentina.
- Custom lounge chairs from The New Traditionalists are upholstered in luxe blue leather on the inside seat and fuzzy mohair from Schumacher wraps the outside. Detailed with leather straps and a contrast welt, the chairs are inviting and stylish.
- A buttery soft leather banquette bench is tucked into a niche that has tufted royal blue velvet upholstered wall from the floor to the ceiling.
- Recessed lighting accents the sheen and depth of the velvet-covered wall.
- Bar height tables and the iconic Bertoia wire collection bar chairs allow visitors the space to work at a laptop or enjoy a cocktail.
- Bar top made of Kenya Black marble. Its strong veining gives the look of petrified wood. This piece creates a counter-balance to the faux fireplace across the room, made of the same Kenya Black marble, effectively relating both sides of the room to each other.
- Monolithic stone bar face downlit to add a warm wash of light.
- A few more Bertoia bar chairs pulled up to the bar provide a nice metal contrast to the stone.
- Behind the bar is a built-in undercounter beverage refrigerator and a striking polished hammered nickel sink with brass faucet — features that provide convenience to guests during catered events and cocktail parties alike.
- To reflect light and add further depth to the room, the back-bar wall is finished off with antiqued mirror tiles laid in a herringbone pattern within a golden glass border. Brass cylindrical pendants hang delicately over the Kenya Black bar top.
The powder room:
- Honed and polished black marble swirled mosaic flooring, trimmed by a polished brass pinstripe to transition to the 6” polished Nero Marquina marble border.
- Continuation of the polished black marble carried up the walls in varying tile sizes creating a marble wainscoting. The walls above the wainscoting are hand-finished with a moody blue concrete plaster wall treatment.
- Inlaid brushed brass bar.
- Custom marble vanity.
- Brass chain sconces mounted directly onto the antiqued, smoked mirror wall above the vanity.
Throughout this amenity space is a hand-applied finish on the walls consisting of grey concrete plaster that is layered with wax, providing a unique appearance of depth and movement. Grey cerused oak woodwork, including the cabinetry in the bar, bookcases, and the detailing on the custom lounge chairs brings the entire space together. A customized AV system controls the lighting, music, tv, motorized shades, and phone conferencing.