Bachelor’s Loft Flatiron New York, NY
The owner asked us to transform this gem of a traditional prewar loft into a “panty dropping” bachelor pad. The original interior was piecemealed without a cohesive story. Mismatched kitchen cabinets loomed over an odd island. The living room and bedroom were one large room with inconsistent furnishings. Our team had great fun reimaging this incredible loft, bringing to life an entirely new sexy space that was bachelor chic but lady-friendly. Kitchen and Dining:
- Top-of-the-line appliances.
- A wine refrigerator.
- Custom steel beam covers installed above the kitchen to frame and highlight the area.
- Dark stained wood floor to accentuate the incredible architecture of the existing ceilings and columns.
- Unique steel-based glass table that allows the eye to move around the space uninterrupted.
- A chandelier and tiny LED lights that seem to twinkle overhead.
The living room and bedroom:
- A partial wall open on both sides to provide a level of privacy to the bedroom while still allowing for effortless flow and function.
- Gorgeous double-sided glass fireplace in the dividing wall.
- Low-lying Italian sofa upholstered in a plush charcoal velvet.
- Faux Zebra skins adorn a pair of ottomans provide additional seating for cocktail parties.
- A high piled area rug to add warmth and create a cozy area to snuggle up and enjoy the new fireplace.
- Pendant lights were hung on either side of the bed creating a less cluttered look by keeping the nightstands clear.
The enlarged bathroom:
- Custom- designed and fabricated floating zinc-topped vanity.
- wet-room with a rain shower-head and freestanding soaking tub.
- Recessed LED light into the ceiling along the back wall of the shower to provide a skylight effect.
- Relocated the washer and dryer to another area in the loft.
- New plumbing fixtures.
All over the loft:
- We stripped away all of the plaster to expose beautiful, aged brick.
- State-of-the-art Lutron system controlling the lighting, sound system, and motorized shades.
- Oversized provocative art and edgy accessories combined to add drama and color to the subtle monochromatic space.
- Rich textures and layers of lighting to add luxury and adapt to any setting.
The outcome was a beautiful marriage of feminine and masculine elements with a touch of manly attitude. The client’s desire was perfectly brought to life, surpassing even our own expectations for an incredible transformation of the space.