336 West End Avenue, Upper West Side, New York, NY
The ALine Studio team had the great privilege of redesigning the corridors at 336 West End Avenue. This remarkable 20-story pre-war residential building is located at the corner of West End Avenue and West 76th Street in Manhattan. It was converted to co-op in 1972. Much of the original Art Deco décor was still in place. Our vision for this hallway redesign was to preserve as much of the history as possible while bringing a cohesive scheme and timeless beauty to every floor of this fabulous building.
Our redesign includes:
- Custom wallcovering in a rich cream color with a custom pearlescent finish, created in a pattern that is timeless, preserves some of the historical look and feel, and has a lighter and brighter impact.
- Custom-crafted crown molding to hide the coax and fiber optic cables running to each apartment.
- High-quality wooden base boards custom-stained to integrate into the color palette.
- Custom carpet design is a high-quality New Zealand wool in a lush dark green with a rich cream accent to complement the design scheme’s color palette. The custom pattern creates a subtle flow between the existing lobby and the newly redesigned corridors.
- A paint scheme for the interior doors in which we used the dark rich green of the carpet over most of the door, accenting the beveling around the recessed panels with a customized white to match other accents on the color palette.
- Redesigned elevator landings that utilize the paint scheme from the apartment doors, and integrate large mirrors and upholstered benches to create flow and consistency from floor to floor.
- A simple, traditional new light fixture design to replace the mismatched chandeliers that hung low throughout the corridors. This added modern lighting quality at the proper scale, hung at the proper height. It also provides a brighter, cleaner, environmentally conscious lighting pattern
We also did a light refresh of the lobby, helping to preserve and restore the original beauty of the marble and brass finishing.
If you are in the market for a redesign of your residential, commercial, business, or hospitality spaces, please reach out to us!